Braised Coconut Rice With Salted Beef
Here’s a one pot recipe you can prepare in a few minutes!
The tropically inspired braised rice using our rich, great textured Nana’s Rice with salted beef — locally known as Angwamo and Toolo beef — is simply crave-worthy. It is also packed with fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals essential to your body. Be sure to make this a standby recipe in your kitchen.
· Diced/ sliced one medium size onion
· 1 tsp of ground ginger
· 2 tbsp of coconut oil
· 1 can coconut milk
· 60g of ana’s Rice (either long or short grain)
· Salted beef
. First soak salted beef in water for 15mins or boil salted beef to reduce saltiness
· Then fry the salted beef in coconut oil until browned
· Add onions and lightly fry till translucent
· Pour coconut milk and stir till fully incorporated taste for salt
· Add Nana’s Rice and half a cup of water if desired. Cover and let cook.
· Serve hot with sardine, fried eggs, shito and ground pepper
Agro Kings is a Ghanaian owned and operated company, rapidly growing to becoming the preferred rice farm, processor and exporter of rice in the West African sub-region. Purchase Nana’s Rice at any of their distributor points at Dzworwulu, Adenta, Madina, East Legon, Tema and Trasacco. For this and more, visit By Naa Adei Kotey theagrokings.com
Originally published at https://medium.com on June 12, 2020.